"Get to know the man behind the hands :)"
After a serious injury to my lower back in 2001, I found a great osteopath who helped me reduce pain and improve mobility. I was so impressed with the speed and effectiveness of my recovery, it inspired me to pursue a career in the “body work” industry.
Qualifications and experience
- I began training as a massage therapist in Christchurch in 2001.
- I am now qualified with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Biology and a Diploma in Massage.
- I have taught massage as a senior tutor at Wellpark College in Auckland for two years
- I have more than 12 years clinical experience in New Zealand and overseas.
- My clinic, NZ Body Mechanic, is located in Westmere, Auckland.
I have experience with treating various musculoskeletal conditions. I use a soft tissue manipulative technique and an osteopathic approach in the structural component of my work. With manual therapy, one size doesn’t fit all – the experience I have gained through years of study and clinical practise enables me to customise your treatment.
Once I have assessed you during your initial consultation, I will structure a specific treatment plan to suit your individual needs, including tips for self care.
Who I work with
Many people just like you have already discovered the importance of effective body mechanics and muscular maintenance: treatments play an integral role in keeping your body performing at its best. NZ Body Mechanic’s clients range from office workers to builders to sports people, with an array of issues, and I’m sure I can help you too.
Look after your body, it’s the only one you’ve got.